POSITION TITLE: President/CEO
SUPERVISOR: Board of Directors
POSTING DATE: 05/26/16
EXPIRATION DATE: 06/26/16
SALARY RANGE: Negotiable
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The President/CEO is accountable to the Board of Directors for the overall operations, performance, continuing development and financial stability of Spaulding for Children.
• Leads development and continuous updating of agency’s Strategic Plan and Quality Improvement Plan and recommends approval to the Board.
• Continually positions the Agency for success by keeping abreast of and responding to changes in client need, the child welfare environment, and/or funder requirements.
• Develops and administers plans, policies and procedures for the effective operation of the Agency and timely outcomes based on the Agency’s strategic plan and commitments made to funders.
• Assures that agency-wide goals and objectives are established and met annually.
• Oversees Agency quality assurance programs to ensure ongoing compliance with accreditation and licensing standards; and high quality services are delivered and outcomes met.
• Ensures compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, including civil rights and personnel laws and policies.
• Oversees and is accountable for all financial aspects of the Agency, including operating budgets, property and official records.
• Overall responsible for risk management within the Agency.
• Responsible for the organization’s success in fund development and is actively involved in identifying and securing new funding sources for the Agency.
• Facilitates the development of the Board and Board committees to maximize involvement of individual Board members in Agency development and operations.
• Provides leadership in the Detroit community by actively seeking collaboration and partnering in planning and creating solutions to unmet needs.
• Provides leadership in the hiring, development and retention of a professional, diverse, competent workforce; has the final word in hiring and firing decisions.
• Provides national and state leadership by representing the Agency at conferences and on committees, through speaking engagements and by providing training and technical assistance to other organizations.
• Assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the Board
Masters degree in social work or administration with a focus on human services.
At least 10 years’ experience in child welfare at least 6 of which have been at a senior management level.
Experience in fund and grant development and administration of grants.
Proven leadership abilities, including ability to enlist others to achieve a vision and inspire them to follow.
Proven ability to be innovative, visionary and strategic.
Strong sense of personal direction – knows what he or she stands for; maintains ethical standards.
Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
Effective, persuasive oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work under pressure, be flexible and effectively juggle multiple priorities.
Excellent observation and group facilitation skills.
Commitment to the mission, goals and philosophy of the organization, including commitment to cultural competency.
If interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to the HR Director.
SPAULDING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Jamie R. Bozarth QI/HR Director
16250 Northland Drive
Southfield, MI 48075
248-443-7099 - fax