Heritage Homes, Inc., a non-profit agency based in Holland, Michigan, is currently seeking interested and qualified individuals for the following opening in our Children’s Program (based in Allendale): Part Time – Administrator of Smith Respite Center.
Smith Regional Respite Center (Allendale) provides respite services to children or qualified young adults who live with their families in Ottawa, Muskegon, and Kent Counties and surrounding areas in West Michigan. Smith Regional Respite Center is licensed by the State of Michigan as a Child Caring Institution (CCI) to serve up to 6 individuals at any given time. The respite program participants (about 30) are scheduled for visits on a rotating and as needed basis, in order to give parents/caregivers time to rest, attend family functions, go on short vacations or similar things that are difficult to do while caring day to day for a loved one who has high care needs due to developmental or intellectual disabilities.
Smith currently provides Respite Services on a 24 hour per day, extended weekend basis: Thursday evenings through Monday mornings. The Chief Administrator position is the supervisor of the center based program. He or she will train, schedule and lead the team of shift staffed Direct Service Professionals that deliver superior respite care to the participants on a day to day basis. This position is also responsible to ensure that all program services, paperwork, training, and physical plant meet or exceed compliance with: State licensing rules for a CCI, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, all contracting agencies, Heritage Homes’ policy, and any other state or federal rules.
The Chief Administrator will be expected to regularly communicate with parents/guardians, case managers and other professionals and to facilitate the scheduling of children, packets of paperwork and staff ability to make every visit a successful stay by the child’s, parent/guardian’s, and compliance perspectives. The CA will provide support and supervision to staff and will assist in or provide service to respite participants directly as needed.
The CA will be “on-call” during off duty hours to respond to urgent matters of the facility on a rotating schedule to be determined. The CA will be expected to immediately respond to all calls and to return to the facility as needed. This position will also be responsible for responding to incidents and planning and implementing measures to prevent further incidents and to insure continuous safety and quality improvement. This position will also represent the program and the agency at inter and intra agency meetings and help promote the image and services of the program and agency. The CA must have the ability to assist in the development and implement a budget for the program.
It is expected that this position will work approximately 28 hours per week with most hours worked over the extended weekend period (Thursday – Monday) This position is considered management and will be paid as an hourly non-exempt employee and qualify for paid time off consistent with HHI Regular Part Time position policy. The rate of pay will be commensurate with qualifications and experience within the hourly range of $16.00 - $18.00.
Position Requirements (per licensing rules):
MUST have one of the following in education and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in human behavioral science, education, business administration or public administration from an accredited college or university AND 4 year of post graduate work experience in a child caring institution (CCI) or child placing agency or similar organization from another state. (Generally, locations licensed for residential care of children, or to make foster care or adoption placements are acceptable. However, child day care centers or private licensed homes are not acceptable as required experience.)
- A master’s degree in the same fields of study as listed above AND 2 years of work experience in a CCI or child placing agency.
Qualified candidates must also:
- Be able to successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and TB test
- Meet criminal and background check with fingerprinting requirements of the state of Michigan for a CCI Administrator.
- Have a valid Michigan Driver’s license (and meet insurability guidelines) and reliable transportation. Driving corporate and personal vehicles will be required.
If you are interest in applying for this opening, please send a cover letter and resume:
Human Resources Manager
website to apply: http://www.heritagehomesinc.org/employment-opportunities.html
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.heritagehomesinc.org.
Heritage Homes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Heritage Homes, Inc. reserves the right to make changes to or cancel this job posting at any time.