Toward Successful Adoption: Your Child, Your Family, Your Community
This FREE training is designed for those who have adopted or who are thinking of adopting a child from the child welfare system. Three important areas will be covered:
- Helping families cope with the stress of transitioning children from foster care to adoption.
- Understanding the unique needs of children who have been traumatized.
- Helpful strategies for finding and using post adoption resources.
Training sessions run Friday evening (6:00 PM–9:00 PM) through Saturday (9:00 AM–4:00 PM) on 12 different dates from March through September in cities across the state. Download the attached flier for the complete listing.
Two New Trainings Added for 2012!
Cross Cultural Adoption: Beyond Race
- Understand the impact of ethnicity and culture on a child’s identity and self-esteem.
- Identify the tools and tasks necessary to successfully raise a child of another race or culture.
- May 5, 9:00 AM–12:00 PM in Grand Rapids; June 2, 1:00 PM–4:00 PM in Lansing
Helping Children Make Successful Transitions in Adoption