The National Resource Center for Adoption is offering training in May and June 2011 on five modules of its Adoption Competency Curriculum:
- May 12: Module 1: Federal Laws Impacting Adoption Placement
- May 25 & 26: Module 2: Child/Youth Assessment & Preparation
- June 8 & 9: Module 3: Family Assessment & Preparation
- June 9: Module 4: Decision Making & Placement Selection
- June 15: Module 5: Post Adoption Services
This series is designed as a comprehensive curriculum for training child welfare practitioners in public and private agencies who provide adoption services for children/youth who have been abused or neglected. Registration for each module is limited to 25 participants. All course materials and lunch are provided free of charge. Social Work CECHs are offered for participants who complete one or more modules. An Adoption Competency Overview booklet is available, along with registration information. See attachments below.