At Samaritas, we ask you to join us - to “Be The Rock That Starts The Ripple”. A ripple of transformation in the individual lives of the 15,000 people we help each year, and a ripple of positive change throughout our community. Our team is growing at Samaritas! We are seeking more Rocks to join our team. We are always looking for additional employees who want to make a big impact and have a lot of fun doing so as part of an enthusiastic, collaborative team. We want you to be our rock!
Samaritas, one of the state’s largest faith-based nonprofits, has been sending ripples of positive change into Michigan communities since 1934. Prior to 2016, Samaritas operated as Lutheran Social Services of Michigan.
Samaritas provides a continuum of care to all in need with approximately 70 different programs in 40 different locations in Michigan. We believe in diversity and inclusion, for the people we serve and the people we employ. Employing nearly 2,000 employees in opportunities ranging from direct service to management in Michigan’s Lower Peninsula, we hope that you will consider joining the Samaritas team and help work in making a difference in communities across Michigan.
We walk with people in need, offering hope and compassion while upholding their dignity, advocating for equality and justice, and seeking creative solutions with those who place their trust in us.
Oversees the ongoing development, implementation, and coordination of the organization’s quality improvement strategy including integration of data, metrics, and service delivery. Leads process improvement initiatives and operational performance management processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the Director, Quality Assurance – Senior Living, Director, Quality Assurance – Home Health and the Corporate Compliance/HIPAA Manager, ensuring regulatory compliance and enhancing the quality of patient care.
- Provide leadership to Quality Steering Team; facilitate and directly participate in quality assurance and performance improvement efforts as needed to achieve organizational quality performance objectives.
- Receive, assess, and investigate all corporate compliance matters in accordance with regulatory compliance. Serves as the Corporate Compliance Officer for the organization.
- Receive, assess, and investigate all HIPAA and privacy matters in accordance with regulatory compliance. Serves as the Privacy Officer for the organization.
- Lead Risk Management team meetings and facilitates or monitors Risk Management projects and initiatives. Oversee and monitor Incident Reporting systems to assure timely and accurate reporting to Risk Management team and responsible parties.
- Lead and coordinate Council on Accreditation (COA) accreditation process. Conduct ongoing maintenance and reporting, as necessary or required by COA.
- Collaborate with Program and Central Support Service leaders to implement strategies and monitoring tools to ensure quality standards throughout the organization. Prepare reports and analyze trends as necessary to provide timely recommendations for program/quality improvement.
- Support, facilitate, and contribute to the development and articulation of the strategic plan across the organization.
- Communicate and translate the organization’s mission, purpose and strategies across all functions and departments. Oversee continuous testing of assumptions, actions and performance against the overall mission, vision and overarching goals.
- Plan, organize and perform work to meet organization’s policy and strategic plans, accreditation standards, licensing and funding requirements.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of Tier One policies.
- Demonstrates personal integrity and professional demeanor in accordance with the ethics of the organization, its mission statement, policies and procedures, and COA standards.
- Keep abreast of current practice developments within the profession and use educational and training opportunities to ensure continued professional competence.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social service administration, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven years’ minimum post-degree experience in a quality/administrative position in a human services organization.
Apply Online: https://careers-samaritas.icims.com/jobs/4396/vice-president%2c-quality-analytics%2c-full-time---detroit%2c-mi/job?mode=view