Bethany Christian Services' heart is for children. Our mission is to demonstrate the love and compassion of Jesus Christ by protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families through quality social services. Partnering with families for the well-being of children is our top priority.
The Vice President of Marketing and Communications is responsible for unifying the marketing and communication strategy of Bethany resulting in the execution of a clear, consistent, and compelling messaging that engages a wide spectrum of stakeholders. These stakeholders include donors, clients, board members, volunteers, and church partners. This individual will also be responsible for broad organizational communication and marketing plans for all branches and service lines.
The VP of Marketing and Communications must have the unique ability to lead other creative-minded individuals, while ensuring an intense focus on high impact, high quality, and fresh approaches to marketing and communication. This role will also be responsible for ensuring alignment of all promotional and branding initiatives to create and cultivate a sense of One Bethany. This individual will work in close partnership with the VP of Brand and Executive Communications and the VP of Public and Governmental Affairs.
The VP of Marketing and Communications will serve as a member of the Extended Senior Executive Team (ESET) and will actively work with the Senior Executive Team (SET) on strategic and tactical efforts to achieve the corporate strategic objectives.
This position is expected to function effectively with little to no supervision while following the guidelines given on procedures, along with agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversee and manage all financial and budgetary responsibilities for the Marketing and Communications Departments;
· Lead, direct, and manage staff within the Marketing and Communications Department to include hiring, training, developing, and coaching for direct report employees while cultivating a positive work environment for all staff;
· Develop and oversee all integrated marketing strategies, communications, graphic design, content, digital engagement, and advertising for Bethany Christian Services;
· Align the appropriate marketing and communications management structure to meet the business needs of the organization;
· Coordinate internal and external marketing, communication, creative, and digital teams to create and implement wide-range, targeted marketing and promotional campaigning products;
· Develop engagement and revenue-generating strategies that convey the broad scope of Bethany’s activities, while creating an increased awareness of what Bethany represents;
· Oversee the approval of major capital/expense marketing projects for systems to enhance the mission of the agency;
· Works collaboratively with fellow members of the Extended Senior Executive Team (ESET) to develop corporate strategic goals and objectives;
· Ensure direct staff meet the performance goals and business needs within the organization;
· Develop proposals and cultivate positive working relationships with all vendors that deliver marketing and communication services to the organization;
· Serve as the primary point of contact for global and corporate marketing project management needs;
· Conduct reviews of the design and delivery of marketing, along with communication equipment and tools to ensure they meet the corporate initiatives within the approved budget;
· Develop an on-going understanding of Bethany’s primary audience and what content formats and tones resonate with different groups, while working closely with ESET to effectively target specific audiences;
· Effectively partner with the Information Technology Department for projects related to technology and digital media to ensure the implementation of technological solutions that will centralize content creation and target the appropriate delivery channel;
· Complete other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s level degree in Marketing, Communications or related field of study from an accredited college; Master’s Degree preferred;
· At least five (5) years of progressive director level experience in Marketing and Communications;
· Experience in strategic decision making, various marketing and communication methodologies, digital marketing, communications system design, graphic design, and advertising;
· Experience in child/family welfare agency, a plus;
· Proven experience working in an evolving environment, while building the appropriate marketing infrastructure;
· Proven experience with developing a relevant digital strategy that leverages digital platforms that delivers a pleasant consumer experience and builds the brand;
· Experience with cultivating positive vendor relationships and negotiating contracts;
· Understanding of managing a department budget and forecasting expenses;
· Strong attention to detail and highly organized with prior project management experience;
· Must be creative and inspiring with work product;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Must be reliable with time sensitive deadlines and tasks;
· Exercise a high level of confidentiality and integrity;
· Work well under pressure and adaptable to change;
· Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
· Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment.