WE ARE OFFERING A $2000.00 SIGNING BONUS IF YOU HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED CWTI TRAINING!
Position Posting Child Welfare Specialist (Foster Care/Adoption Case Manager)
Child Welfare Program Philosophy: to provide permanency (via reunification, adoption or guardianship) for youth who have been placed in out of home care as a result of abuse and neglect. Services include providing safe foster family homes where youth may thrive and develop; case planning and implementation which assist biological families to address the areas of concern which led to the child removal.
General Description: As a member of the Child Welfare Team, the person in this position will provide case management for children and families involved in out of home placement. You will work closely with various community resources, therapists, court and court personnel, as well as with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
• Bachelor Degree in Social Work, or other related field
• Preferred 1 years experience working with State of Michigan Children’s Foster Care System in Foster Care and/or Adoption
• Ability to work effectively with emotionally and behaviorally challenged children. Clear evidence of trauma- informed care.
• Completion of, or ability to complete CWTI pre-service training as provided
• Sufficient computer skills to perform essential functions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge/experience of State of Michigan Foster Care and/or Adoption policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of community resources.
• Demonstrated sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated effective interviewing and assessment skills
• Good organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
• Ability to work flexible, non-traditional hours
• Provide case management services to parents and children involved in Child Welfare.
• Develop, with biological parents, goal oriented, time limited Parent/Agency treatment plans and Family Assessments.
• Maintain a minimum of monthly contact with attorneys, therapists, CASA and other service providers.
• Attend and be prepared to testify at all court hearings.
• Maintain current and accurate client records, case files, notes and medical records.
• Complete monthly foster and/or adoptive home visits and maintain consistent communication with foster/adoptive parents to ensure appropriate care is being provided.
• Provide thorough assessments of children and families.
• Coordinate, facilitate and participate in adoptive planning for children assigned.
• Prepare children, foster and adoptive families for adoption, which may include but is not limited to coordinating pre-adoptive visitation for children and families assigned.
• Conduct and facilitate permanent placements in compliance with contract, agency and state regulations and expectations.
• Provide and maintain quarterly post-placement adoption supervision with adoptive families and children.
Resume and Cover Letter To: email@example.com Director of Administration Child and Family Charities 4287 Five Oaks Drive Lansing, MI 48911
Child and Family Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer We value diversity, cultural competence, and teamwork