ABOUT THE ORGANIZATIONFor over 70 years, St. Vincent Catholic Charities (STVCC) has worked to provide help and create hope for the most vulnerable members of the Greater Lansing community. One of the largest human services agencies in the area, STVCC is the charitable arm of the Diocese of Lansing, serving children and families in crisis through adoption, foster care, refugee resettlement, immigration legal and counseling services as well as through a therapeutic Children's Home for children who have experienced severe abuse and neglect. CATEGORYTherapist DESCRIPTION
The therapist in the Residential Treatment programs provides clinical services in the areas of individual, group, and family therapy as well as assists, when needed, with case management services to clients with the goal of stabilizing, treating, and returning, clients to the least restrictive living environment. The therapist also consults with members of the treatment team to promote and guide a strength-based treatment milieu. The therapist also maintains clinical records and other documentation in accordance with contract compliance, COA, and St. Vincent home procedure.
Role and Responsibilities
- Participate in screening evaluation of children referred with intake team to determine appropriateness of placement at STVCC Children's Home
- Complete initial evaluation of children entering program within the initial 24 hours after placement.
- Provide therapy and counseling services to clients (individual, families, and group) on at least a weekly basis.
- Provide assistance when assigned in the area of case management including consultation with referral sources and other collateral contacts.
- Maintain regular family contact and provide family therapy according to the case plan.
- Prepare written assessments, develop client centered treatment plans, and service recommendations. Assist in the development of service plans and other paperwork requirements in a timely manner.
- Maintain current clinical case record/summary for each client in caseload, in accordance with contract, COA, and St. Vincent Home protocol.
- Will be expected to maintain a flexible work schedule to meet both client and program needs.
- Submit progress reports following initial evaluation. The report will address the child's need for residential placement, progress of child in placement, review goals and treatment plan. And therapist's recommendations
- Peer mentor student interns.
- Participate in the on-call system and provide clinical oversight to behavioral interventions.
- Meet on a regular basis with the Clinical Director for consultation/supervision.
- Will follow professional associations Code of Ethics regarding client treatment, confidentiality, standards of care, and professional conduct.
- In coordination with Case Worker, may attend court hearings regarding the child in care.
- Collaborate with all members of the treatment team
- Participate in consultation, evaluation, and medication reviews with Children's Home Consulting Psychiatrist.
- Will be responsible for on-call emergency phone every third week.
- Participate in case conferences, debriefings, FTM's, weekly team meetings, and monthly trainings
- Other Duties and Responsibilities as assigned by the Clinical Manager
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPTExempt FULL-TIME/PART-TIMEFull-Time HOURS
LOCATIONSt. Vincent Catholic Charities - Lansing OPEN DATE5/9/2019 POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Education: Masters Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related fields.
Experience: Some casework with children required; therapy experience with children and families strongly preferred. Two years post-graduate experience providing mental health or family counseling services to individuals and families strongly preferred.
Registration, licenses, certifications or special training: Current Michigan master’s level mental health license (LMSW, LLMSW, LPC, etc.); Valid Michigan driver’s license and good driving record. Membership in a national professional association which ascribed to a professional Code of Ethics preferred. Good use of spoken and written English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Emotionally able to work with information that may be traumatic in nature, as well as, work with individuals or families in crisis or experiencing trauma.
- Ability to stand and/or walk up to 8 hours per shift.
- Work involves talking, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, kneeling, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit and use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal for extended periods of time.
- Noise in the work environment is usually moderately quiet but can be very loud at times.
- Work in an environment with various degrees of discomfort.
- Driving as needed throughout the day.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
BENEFITSMedical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, EAP, life, retirement, holiday, vacation and sick time. EOE STATEMENTWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. FULL JOB DESCRIPTIONResidential Therapist.pdf
BENEFITS INFORMATIONNone Specified