Child and Family Charities
Position: Recruitment and Licensing Specialist – this is not a mobile position
Position Summary: The person in this position will be responsible for providing foster parent recruitment activities throughout the community for the agency and will assume licensing case load responsibilities. The overarching responsibility is to ensure that services are carried out in accordance with agency mission and values as well as policies and standards set by funding and contract sources.
· Bachelor Degree in Social Work, or other related field.
· 2 years experience working with State of Michigan Children’s Foster Care System.
· Excellent organizational, communication and marketing strategies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge/experience of State of Michigan Licensing Rules and Regulations.
· Knowledge of community resources.
· Demonstrated sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences
· Experience in Public speaking and Group presentations
· Demonstrated ability to plan and implement community recruitment program
· Ability to teach/train potential Foster/Adoptive parents
· Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated effective interviewing skills
· Good organizational skills
· Ability to work flexible, non-traditional hours
· Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
· Demonstrated effectiveness in engaging diverse populations, including, but not limited to, the LGBTQIA community and racially/culturally diverse groups.
Essential Duties May Include, but Not be Limited to the Following:
- Develop recruitment strategies for Foster Parents
- Minimum of one recruitment activity per month.
- Evening and weekend hours required.
Perform recruitment planning based on community demographics and trends.
Prepare recruitment materials for promotion of foster care within the community.
Recruit foster families which may include performing public outreach and speaking engagements.
- Coordinate planning strategies with other agencies as applicable.
Screen foster families, which may include performing public outreach and speaking engagements.
Assist in the development of an annual recruitment plan.
- Provide information and initial screening to foster home inquiries.
Conduct foster parent orientation meetings.
Co-facilitate and/or lead PRIDE training.
- Completes ongoing foster home licensing activities for the assigned foster families including the annual and renewal home studies.
- Completes foster family home studies within required time frames.
Collect and interpret all required documents for licensure or home approval (i.e. background screening, inspections, references, life stories, etc.).
Prepare licensing and/or re-licensing packets for submission to DCWL.
- Assist in the placement of children based on reported behaviors and emotional needs to determine the best possible home match.
- Maintain positive relationships with other agencies and community members as applicable.
- Participates in the Capital Area Interagency Coalition and agency recruitment collaborations.
Resume and Cover Letter: Liz Gonzalez, Director of Administration
Child and Family Charities
4287 Five Oaks Drive
Lansing, MI 48911
Child and Family Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We value diversity, cultural competence and team work