Have you heard? Kent County is piloting a data-driven, innovative, performance-based approach to administering foster care that is transforming child welfare and creating better futures for children! Do you want to be a part of it? Look no further! The West Michigan Partnership for Children (WMPC) is building its team.
Who we are
WMPC is a new organization that provides foster care and adoption services to children and families in Kent County, MI in partnership with Bethany Christian Services, Catholic Charities of West Michigan, D.A. Blodgett—St. Johns, Samaritas, and Wellspring Lutheran Services and through a contract with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). WMPC is piloting a performance-based contract, utilizing a case rate that incentivizes permanency while allowing for flexibility and creativity in funds. WMPC utilizes software that will allow for predictive analytics to project successful outcomes, and flag cases that are at risk. The WMPC seeks to empower communities to create better futures for children and families through innovation and collaboration.
We are a talented, creative group of passionate professionals who are committed to creating better futures for children. We value a workplace which embraces multi-dimensional diversity and promotes work-life balance. We are energized and motivated by our mission of improving outcomes for children and we know that it takes a village! Our work environment is highly collaborative, both within the office and within the community, and we believe the best solutions lie within those we serve.
How you will spend your day
- • Opening the office by 8:30 a.m.
- • Welcoming WMPC guests and callers and managing incoming communications from general WMPC email account.
- • Keeping the Chief Executive Officer organized
- • Serving as the office manager
- • Developing WMPC newsletters, blogs, and social media content.
- • Managing WMPC’s web-based file storage system.
- • Managing the logistics and providing administrative support for Board meetings and other events
- • Assisting with data entry and data pulls as assigned.
- • Formatting documents (i.e. reports, promotional materials, grant proposals).
What we need from you
- • Associate’s degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- • Minimum of four years of experience providing administrative support in professional settings
- • Excellent administrative, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- • Ability to take direction from multiple managers with competing deadlines and effectively prioritize.
- • Ability to work independently and follow through on tasks without monitoring.
- • Thrives in a fast-paced office environment.
- • Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency.
- • Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, in particular SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- • Excellent English verbal and written skills. Ability to effectively proofread documents prepared for meetings and distribution.
- • Proficient with Microsoft Office products and web-based applications.
- • Competency with social media platforms.
- • Ability to use discretion when working with confidential information.
What we provide
We know that our staff is our greatest resource! We invest in our employees by offering:
- • A dynamic and creative office culture;
- • Flexible scheduling, work from home options, and a generous PTO package to promote a healthy work-life balance;
- • Health benefits, life insurance, and a retirement plan, all with WMPC contributions;
- • Professional development opportunities;
- • The opportunity to create better futures for children.
What to do next
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org !