*Full Time, Part Time and Sub Opportunities Available*
Provides to the children in the Residential Treatment Program direct care support and counseling based on asset building treatment plans developed by the therapist and treatment team. Assures that a positive, non-coercive, non-punitive and strength-based therapeutic milieu is maintained so that all children are treated with dignity and respect and are able to progress towards being safe and thriving physically, emotionally and spiritually.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Insures that all residents are closely monitored and supervised at all times on and off grounds.
- Insures that all specific duties unique to night monitor shifts are completed, (Wash and dry towels, unit cleaning).
- Completes all required paperwork with clarity in a timely manner in line with program policies and procedures, including Night Monitor Unit Log, Floater Log, incident reports.
- Dispenses medications as directed by medical personnel and according to agency policies and procedures.
- Effectively implements procedures as outlined in the Night monitor Procedures.
- Regular room checks insuring the child is seen each check.
- Adheres to computer and television procedures.
- Adheres to Night monitor procedures for seating and monitoring positions.
- Effectively implements procedures as outlined in the Residential staff manual.
- Carries out all other duties as designated by Hall and Night Monitor Supervisors.
Beginning Pay Rate:
$10.25/hour (raise at 6 months and annual raises thereafter according to the CBA)
Part Time Benefits: Paid Time Off / Retirement Plan offered to Employees classified over 20 hours/week
Full Time Benefits: Full Benefits Package including a Retirement Pension Plan / Paid Time Off / Holiday Pay
High school graduate or GED required, Bachelor degree in human service field preferred. Experience and strong desire to work with emotionally impairedyouth ages 5-17 helpful. Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Mobility and capacity to manage a violent and/or self-abusive child when restraint is required to assure safety. Ability to stand and/or walk up to 8 hours per shift. May be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 50 pounds. Emotionally able to work with information that may be traumatic in nature, as well as, work with individuals or families in crisis or experiencing trauma.
SEND REPLY TO:
St. Vincent Catholic Charities
ATTN: Misty Bazela