Medical Insurance Billing Specialist
Full Time / Exempt
Under the direction of the Director of Accounting and Financial reporting responsible for the accounts receivable, collections, and billing functions as described below, and ensure that all are properly done and accurate within the timely manner.
- Submission of all claims on counseling services for mental health, substance abuse and others to insurance companies, individual, Catholic Charities of MI, government and other agencies.
- Recording daily reimbursement/payment updates from insurance carriers into Medisoft.
- Coordinate the collections side of Counseling Services including notification/update to Intake Coordinator and Counseling Office Manager to flag accounts due non-payment.
- Follow-up and resolution with insurance companies when payment is not received.
- Inform Office Coordinator of any private pay clients with delinquent balance(s) to collect.
- Filing of supporting billing documents.
- Performs ongoing verification of benefits and eligibility checks for insurance companies including monthly Medicaid checks, informs Counseling Office Coordinator of remaining benefit status and any changes in policy coverage.
- Complete daily deposit log, print it out and forward with all supporting document to A/R supervisor.
- Review daily bank transaction and prepare deposit EFT log and Credit Card log. Then, forward them with all supporting document to A/R supervisor, also inform her of Bank transfers.
- Reconciling the balance of Medisoft and Dynamic GP monthly with A/R supervisor.
- Assist Accounts Receivable Supervisor with various general monthly accounting and reporting responsibilities (including account reconciliations and month-end close entries), as needed.
- Assist programs for program audits and ensure compliance with contract guidelines.
- Backup for agency receptionist duties, as needed.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. 2 years experience in medical/healthcare billing. Ability to communicate effectively with others. Experience as Secretary/ Receptionist and/or experience in a human service organization preferred. Data entry, collections, insurance and patient billing experience preferred. MS Office Suite experience a plus with fluency in Excel. Other software experience preferred: Microsoft Dynamics, Great Plains, and Medisoft Billing.
This is a full-time regular position with the following benefits package: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, EAP, a health advocate service, life, disability and retirement. Our retirement includes two plans, a defined benefits plan as well as a 403(b) option. The defined benefit plan has a five year cliff vesting for eligible employees. In addition to the benefits package, there are paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
Send Resume, Cover Letter, Salary History to:
St. Vincent Catholic Charities
ATTN: Shawn Koster
RESPOND BY: OPEN UNTIL FILLED