Manager, Resource Center/Safe Choices
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under the direction of the OES Director, the Resource Center/Safe Choices Manager will manage daily Resource Center and operations including but not limited to scheduling, partnerships, employee and volunteer supervision, resource management, data collection, and reporting. The Resource Center/Safe Choices Manager is also responsible for managing street and community outreach and support services to adolescent and adult women involved in commercial sex work (prostitution, exotic dancing, pornography, etc.) whose histories may also include substance use, violence, homelessness, mental illness, and human trafficking. This includes managing exiting sex work activities such as in-house workshops, individual support services, and participant/facilitator recruitment.
· Provide needed resource information, referrals, advocacy, and/or other assistance as is appropriate.
· Meet crisis intervention needs of participants.
· Utilize the Stages of Change model and harm reduction as an intervention strategy.
· Insure required amount of street outreach occurs.
· Insure required amount of programming for girls and women exiting sex work.
· Insure individual support services are carried out by assigned case planner, interns, or volunteers.
· Train and supervise peer educators to assist with outreach, workshops, and office-based work.
· Supervise Safe Choices Project Case Planner’s coordination of AFG’s Resource Center (crisis line/walk-in services).
Administrative Activities & Documentation
· Supervise Safe Choices Project team members (including paid staff, full-time volunteers, interns, and others).
· Maintain policies, procedures, and evaluations for the Safe Choices and New Choices projects.
· Coordinate Safe Choices Project community outreach activities, including but not limited to, providing educational sessions on Human Trafficking, best practices for working with individuals in the sex industry, what is the sex industry, and more.
· Compile statistics and complete narratives that contribute to monthly, annual and other reports.
· Insure completion and recording of proper documentation and data entry for all project activities.
· Assist with development of a system for tracking participant progress and other evaluation needs.
Intra- & Inter-Agency Relations
· Participate in community activities and assist in the distribution of community education/public relation’s materials.
· Lead Safe Choices Project team meetings and the volunteer services staff recruitment efforts for the Resource Center.
· Assist with coordination of Community Advisory Committee to develop a coalition of services for girls and women in the sex industry.
· Help develop and nurture strong relationships with other agencies through visits, telephone contacts, memorandums of agreement and referrals in order to insure client access to needed services.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Criminal Justice, Sociology, Psychology or Guidance and Counseling preferred.
· Two years minimum experience coordinating resource services.
· Two years’ experience working with and knowledge of girls and women demonstrating high-risk behaviors, such as homelessness, substance abuse, commercial sex work, gang activity, violent behavior, domestic violence, school truancy, etc.
· Project management and program management experience.
· Experience and comfort with street and community outreach work.
· Experience formulating risk reduction plans utilizing Harm Reduction strategies.
· Knowledge of women's health issues.
· Familiarity with the Detroit community and community resources.
· Supervisory experience required.
· Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
To apply for this or any other position, please visit our careers page: careers.alternativesforgirls.org
Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply.
Alternatives For Girls is an equal opportunity employer.
AFG enjoys a smoke-free environment.