D.A. Blodgett - St. John’s is an agency that works in partnership with our community for the good of all children. We are local, non-profit and accredited. We provide comprehensive services to children and families, including Mentoring Services, foster care, adoption, and family support, as well as, residential treatment and emergency shelter care.
Please send all resumes and cover letters to email@example.com or apply online at www.dabsj.org
Job Title: IT HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
Reports to: IT Manager
Beginning Salary Range: $32,000 - $36,500
HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
Helping children and empowering families by providing safety, advocacy and support.
II.NATURE OF WORK
The Information Technology Help Desk Technician will provide tier one IT support to D.A. Blodgett – St. John’s staff in a multi-campus environment. The Help Desk Technician will respond to support calls and help desk tickets that include, but not limited to the diagnostics and repair of laptops, desktops, smart phones, desk phones, printers and AV equipment. The Help Desk Technician will become an expert at workstation deployment and delivery along with file server backups. The Help Desk Technician must be able to manage multiple tasks while providing the highest level of customer service and professionalism. The Help Desk Technician will report to the Information Technology Program Manager.
III.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to tier one help desk tickets to resolve issues or escalate to tier two as necessary.
- Procurement and deployment of laptops, desktops, desk phones, cell phones and other peripherals.
- Monitor OS patch / software updates on a daily basis.
- Meet with newly hired employees to familiarize them with their new equipment and provide an overview of the overall networking environment.
- Ensure that backups are successful on a daily basis and mitigate any issues.
- Assist staff with the setup of audio / visual equipment that is needed for meetings or presentations.
IV.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to communicate verbally and effectively to exchange information with coworkers, peers, the community, and others involved in your position.
- Ability to maintain a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to determine and assess job related documents and visually utilize agency equipment.
- Ability to physically handle and perform job related functions, including the operation of agency equipment.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs safely and successfully.
- Ability to physically position oneself to effectively interact with clients.
- Ability to lift and transport 30 to 80lbs.
V.MINIMUM PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Technical Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Familiar with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
- Familiar with Office Professional Plus 2013
- Familiar with Windows deployment technologies such as the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Familiar with Windows Active Directory
- Familiar with VEEAM Backup & Recovery would be a plus.
- Have a good understanding of networking technologies in a multi-campus LAN / WAN environment using Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS).
- Excellent troubleshooting sills with the ability to repair or deploy laptops, desktops, smart phones, desk phones, printers, etc.
- Ability to quickly triage reported problems and determine if escalation is needed.
- Desired Technical Qualifications:
- A+ Certified
- Network+ Certified
- Desire and eager to learn
- Good problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Positive, friendly, and helpful
- Demonstrates respect towards staff and clients
- Valid driver’s license, adequate insurance with a car available at all times.
- Ability to work with a variety of people both within and outside the Agency and must promote a positive image for the Agency in the community and in relationship with other agencies and their personnel.
- Personal qualities of warmth, sensitivity, and the ability to establish meaningful rapport and maintain mutual respect with co-workers from various cultures.
- Become familiar with and follow the code of ethics for your profession and agree to abide by the related Agency standards.
- Positive acceptance of supervision in order to learn and be trained in job-related functions.
- Personal qualities of analytical and organizational skills, assertiveness, good judgment, conscientiousness, attention to detail, and timeliness.
- Good moral character.
- A personal commitment to the Agency’s mission, philosophy, and values.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule and more than 40 hours per week (without generally taking comp. time) in order to achieve Agency objectives on a timely basis.