Apply here: http://judsoncenter.org/join-our-team/current-openings
Position: Foster Home Recruiter
Program: Foster Care
Reports To: Licensing Supervisor
Location: Redford, MI
Status: Part Time, 20 hours per week
Job Summary: The Foster Care Program provides a temporary home for children or adults until a more permanent placement can be secured. The Program provides supervision to see that the foster family environment is safe and adheres to licensing requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Foster Home Recruiter is responsible for the recruitment of foster families that meet the agency’s placement needs and address gaps in available homes. The Foster Home Recruiter is also responsible for:
· Development and implementation of a strategic plan to recruit sufficient number of foster homes for the general and specialized foster care programs.
· Developing and participating in community outreach activities and special events.
· Development of community awareness materials, website and social media content.
· Providing orientation training for potential foster parents.
· Documenting all contacts, inquiries and other information that is needed for reporting purposes.
· Providing excellent customer service in person and via phone and email.
· Listening in an empathetic manner; determining the needs of the prospective foster parents and responding in a non-judgmental, professional manner.
· Educate prospective foster families about the licensing process.
· Communicate in a clear and supportive manner.
· Establish a rapport with prospective foster families.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Minimum one year of experience recruiting foster and adoptive parents preferred.
· Experience in marketing, public relations, communications preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the child welfare system.
· Demonstrated ability to support and encourage families.
· Demonstrated experience speaking to small and large groups.
· A valid Michigan driver’s license.
· Central Registry Clearance documenting that there is no record of child abuse or neglect.
· Internet Criminal History Access Tool (ICHAT) check and a National and State Sex Offender Registry check.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· Office environment
· Position may require evening and weekend hours and travel throughout the region.
Equal Opportunity Employer