Foster Care Therapist
(Regular Full Time / Exempt)
The Foster Care Therapist provides clinical services in the areas of individual and family therapy as well as assists, when needed, with case management service. The Therapist works cooperatively with foster / biological /extended / adoptive families, referral agencies, school personnel, and other professional personnel involved in the treatment of the foster child and is responsible for making placement recommendations to the appropriate parties involved in the case.
- Participate in evaluation of children to diagnose and assess treatment needs.
- Set up with foster child, biological and foster parents’ treatment goals and objectives.
- Facilitate an initial service plan (ISP) depicting child/family specific treatment goals and objectives.
- Submit progress reports to address the necessity for continued placement, progress of child in placement, review of goals and treatment plan, and therapist’s recommendation.
- Maintain current contact record/summaries for each child on caseload in accordance with contract, COA, and St. Vincent Catholic Charities Foster Care protocol.
- Provide weekly individual therapy for each child and therapy for their natural family as needed, to meet established treatment goals.
- Maintain regular contact with foster child’s teachers to monitor academic progress. Attend IEPC’s and school meetings to provide optimum school programming.
- In coordination with Case Worker, will attend court hearings regarding the foster child.
- Participate in various meetings, consultations, evaluations, reviews and supervision.
- Participate in Permanency Planning Conference (PPC) and MiTEAM conferences.
- Remain on “24-hour on-call” status to answer crisis calls and provide supportive services to foster parents, foster children, and their natural families.
This is a full-time regular position with the following benefits package: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, EAP, a health advocate service, life, disability and retirement. Our retirement includes two plans, a defined benefits plan as well as a 403(b) option. The defined benefit plan has a five year cliff vesting for eligible employees. In addition to the benefits package, there are paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related fields. Some casework with children required; therapy experience with children and families strongly preferred. Two years post-graduate experience providing mental health or family counseling services to individuals and families strongly preferred.
Registration, licenses, certifications or special training:
Current Michigan master’s level mental health license (LMSW, LLMSW, LPC, etc.); Valid Michigan driver’s license, auto insurance, and good driving record. Membership in a national professional association which ascribed to a professional Code of Ethics preferred. Good use of spoken and written English.
RESPOND BY: Open Until Filled
SEND REPLY TO:
St. Vincent Catholic Charities
Attn: Shawn Koster
**Include Resume, Cover Letter and Compensation History***