Foster Care Supervisor - Saginaw
Holy Cross Services
Holy Cross Services is one of the largest private, not-for-profit providers of children’s, behavioral health and substance abuse services in Michigan. The service portfolio includes foster care homes, independent living, residential programs, charter schools, along with inpatient and outpatient behavioral health and substance abuse services.
FOSTER CARE SUPERVISOR SUMMARY: Coordinates the day-to-day activities and functions of the Foster Care Program including the supervision of the Foster Care Workers. Plans and coordinates weekly staff meetings. Maintains records and statistics required for the Foster Care Program and for licensing requirements. Processes referrals and maintains communication and coordination with referring agencies. Carries a reduced caseload of four in the Foster Care Program.
o MSW or Master’s degree in Psychology or Counseling and three (3) years experience as a social service worker in a child welfare, child caring or in an agency performing child welfare function with one (1) year experience which shall have been specifically in CPA Agency and appropriate licensure (LMSW, LP, LPC) preferred OR Bachelor’s degree in Behavior Science, Community Service, Counseling (Psychology), Criminal Justice (Administration), Early Childhood Studies, Family Life Education, Family Studies, Family and/or Child Development, Guidance/School Counseling, Human Services, Psychology, Social Work or Sociology and 4 years of directly related experience.
· Certification: Must be able to pass written portion of TCI certification training through HCS.
o Valid and current driver’s license.
o Meet State “Good Moral Character” guidelines.
· Special Skills:
o Ability to assess, interpret, and respond appropriately to verbal and non-verbal communications of youth and co-workers.
o Ability to understand cause and effect relationships and the interrelatedness of one’s own behavior relative to the behavior of others.
o Working knowledge of structural family therapy, systems therapy, foster care system.
· Physical Effort:
o Physical ability to stand and/or walk during scheduled shifts; to frequently lift, carry and/or push 25 pounds.
· Equipment Used: Automobile, pager, telephone
· Work Environment:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for the administration of medications as prescribed by medical professionals.
· Responsible for teaching, modeling, practicing, supporting and articulating the Agency’s treatment philosophy and/or others that may be required contractually.
· Processes referrals to the Foster Care Program and assigns caseloads to the Foster Care Workers
· Oversees Foster Care Workers' records and paperwork responsibilities to ensure compliance with state licensing standards and maintains required records and statistics on admissions and terminations.
· Works with Division Manager/Program Manager to develop and maintain the Foster Care Program. Identifies problem areas and recommends remedies and corrective action. • Coordinates and plans weekly staff meetings. May be required to transport youth.
· Provides continuing system of communication and coordination with referring agencies.
· Assists the Division Manger/Program Manager in personnel related activities. Assesses staffing needs and assists in hiring and terminations. Coordinates staff development with Division Manager/Program Manager.
· Maintains a reduced caseload of four families in the Foster Care Program.
· Provides or ensures clinical supervision/training is conducted for all managers, programs and direct care staff.
OTHER JOB DUTIES (NON-ESSENTIAL):
Performs other duties related to the essential duties of the position and within the individual’s capabilities as assigned by one’s supervisor.
Holy Cross Services is an equal opportunity employer.
APPLY TO: CBessenecker@hccsnet.org