Title: Foster Care Supervisor
The Foster Care Supervisor shall hold a master's degree from an accredited college or university in a human behavioral science and 3 year experience as a social service worker in an agency or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a human behavioral science and 4 years of experience as a social service worker, 3 years of which are in an agency performing child welfare functions. May not have been convicted of child abuse or neglect, a felony involving harm or threatened harm to an individual within the 10 years immediately preceding the date of hire, or is listed on the central registry as a perpetrator of child abuse or child neglect. The Foster Care Supervisor shall possess a valid Driver’s License, positive driving record and proof of automobile insurance. This agency shall make a good faith effort to recruit and employ staff which reflect the racial, ethnic, and cultural composition of this agency’s client population.
Appropriate candidate for this position must have the ability to handle stress well, have the ability to be an active listener with good clinical observation and assessment skills, be flexible and able to handle change, be a team player yet able to work independently, able to multi-task, and maintain case responsibility and follow-through. Appropriate candidate must be able to supervise a staff of up to 5 workers as well as act as their mentor and positive role model. Appropriate candidate must have the ability, experience, education, and training to perform the duties assigned. Appropriate candidate must be able to understand and follow the agency’s Vision and Mission statements.
Provide supervision of case management services for abused/neglected children, delinquency wards, in foster care and for their families. Ensure that needed and appropriate services are provided as required by state of Michigan laws, contractual and licensing requirements and applicable service standards through the provision of direct service as provided by assigned foster care workers. Foster Care Supervisor will follow and uphold the agency’s Vision and Mission Statement.
Foster Care Supervisor shall have completed and passed a pre-service training that includes a total of 270 hours of competence-based classroom and field training. Must complete and pass the supervisory training program and pass a competency-based performance evaluation based on that training within three months of position hire date.
Salary: According to the current salary schedule.
- Maintain current knowledge of and coordinate the intake process, assignment of new cases to social work staff, and service delivery in accordance with organization, division, regulatory standards and contract requirements.
- Provide supervision and leadership to staff, including training, delegation of responsibility, authority, accountability and performance evaluations.
- Supervise up to 5 foster care, SIL and/or clerical staff.
- Review, correct and assist in the writing of all social work reports, treatment and correspondence.
- Audit case records quarterly to ensure completeness, timeliness, compliance with prescribed services, and adherence to licensing standards, accreditation, and policies; make recommendations and assure corrective action as needed.
- Monitor and evaluate service delivery and contracts to ensure contract requirements are met for clients as specified in service plans and developmental goals.
- Participate in performance related goal setting and take the lead role in monitoring for accountability to assure that both staff and teams meet their performance objectives.
- Provide monthly supervision to assigned staff to ensure quality delivery of services in accordance with established organization Personnel Policies and procedures, program objectives, and contract standards.
- Provide direct service as needed to ensure continuous organization supervision and service provision to clients, foster and adoptive parents, as required by licensing and funding bodies.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with administrators, referral agencies/organizations, other organization’s personnel and professionally represent HATW.
- Supervise the Supervised Independent Living program and workers.
- Participate in performance related goal setting and achievement to meet personal and organizational objectives.
- Participate in the development of new policies and procedures as directed.
- Orient and train new staff.
- In conjunction with Director, or other designate, will provide agency related staff training as directed.
- Attend and participate in HATW trainings and other professional development activity.
- Coordinate and monitor a 24 hour emergency, on call phone system to be carried out by foster care workers.
- Attend DHS PAFC and Federation meetings or other meetings as directed.
- Attend agency staff and department team meetings.
- Must complete and pass a Foster Care Supervisor training and exam, as required by the State of Michigan.
- Complete at least 15 hours of job related training per year or as required by the State contract.
- Work with Licensing Department on complaints regarding foster parents and foster care placements.
- Work with the State Adoptions Department collaboratively to provide necessary service.
- Other related duties may be assigned or added.
Foster Care Supervisor is accountable to the Director. In situations related to the maintenance of records, files, and cases pertaining to services rendered to clients by the Director, the Foster Care Supervisor is accountable to the Board of Directors.
apply to email@example.com