Location: Belleville, MI
Salary Range: $27,000-$33,000
Benefits: A full range of benefits available
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Foster Care
Description: Seeking a highly motivated individual that is focused and driven. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for the recruitment, training, assessment and certification of prospective foster homes.
• Initiate, orient, train and license foster parent training events.
• Develop aggressive recruiting plan for foster care and SIL.
• Develop and train foster parents in an area of skill or expertise.
• Perform all activities related to the licensing and preparation of families to receive placements.
• Complete Initial Evaluation and Re-evaluations in a timely manner.
• Complete SIL home assessments.
• Investigate all licensing complaints per DHHS requirements in a timely manner.
• Maintain foster parent & client files by filing, updating information, etc., in accordance with DHHS Licensing & Contract Compliance standards.
• Develop Foster Parent Newsletter bi-monthly.
• Initiate public speaking engagements monthly for recruitment of homes and recruitment through cable, news, radio, advertisements, flyers, etc.
• Hold foster parent bi-monthly training & orientation monthly for pre-service/licensing and connect foster parents to additional training to satisfy timing requirements
• Assure foster parent requirements with corrective actions & foster parent agency agreement.
• Request variance when necessary.
• Responsible for annual foster home visits (minimum) & phone contact as often as needed.
• Responsible for On-Call as assigned.
• File 3200’s when necessary (mandated reporting) and inform administration immediately of any client abuse or neglect.
• Attend all mandated training- Special Evaluation, Certification and PRIDE.
• Maintain and update foster home files; assure foster parent compliance.
• Develop foster parent training plan annually.
• Complete a minimum of 40 hours of on-going training annually.
• Coordination of emergency psychiatric hospitalization, when on call.
• Maintain web database.
• Attend meetings as assigned
• Provide training & behavioral interventions to case managers to ensure quality of services
• Inform immediate supervisor verbally and in writing any issues that impact the clients, employees, & administration of the agency
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
1. Will behave and communicate in a manner that promotes a positive work atmosphere.
2. Will maintain an awareness to provide a safe and healthy environment and will report all hazards and/or concerns.
3. Will participate in approved staff development activities, in-services and supervisory sessions.
4. Will adjust work schedule, with supervisory approval, to meet Agency needs.
5. Will accept other responsibilities and duties required by the supervisor consistent with the objectives and essential functions of this position. Such responsibilities shall be incorporated into the position description if they involve a lengthy commitment of time or are on going.
6. Will advise supervisor if actual practice (activity) begins to deviate significantly from specified essential functions.
1. May represent Guiding Harbor on internal/external committees or work groups to enhance service delivery or service planning.
2. May participate in community education activities.
3. May be required to participate in the periodic evaluation of services and service planning.
4. May receive and assist in resolving complaints or inquiries related to services provided by Guiding Harbor..
5. Will participate in approved emergency activities and/or preparedness drills in the case of a county declared disaster or emergency
A Bachelors Degree in a relevant field of human services from an accredited college or university or a Master’s Degree in a relevant field of human services from an accredited college or university. PRIDE, Certification and Special Evaluation training a plus.
Reliable transportation and maintain good driving record.