Foster Care Caseworker
* * * $1000 CWTI Signing Bonus * * *
Provides and implements a workable plan to increase the level of functioning of the foster child and the birth family where applicable. Works cooperatively with foster families, birth families, foster child, referral agency, school personnel, and other professional personnel involved in the treatment of the foster child. Provides a consultative and supportive role for foster families in meeting the needs of the foster child.
· Attend, provide reports, and testify for required court hearings (Preliminary, Pre-Trial, Dispositional, Review, Permanent Wardship, etc.).
· Prepare and place child in his/her designated foster home, determine child’s need of clothing and personal items, and inform foster parents of child’s background and other necessary information.
- Complete Initial Service Plan within 30 days of the child entering agency care.
- Complete Updated Service Plan quarterly for each child in care.
- Follow DHS requirements for regular visitations or contact between foster child and the birth family.
- Assist in placement of foster children into foster homes or in their return to the birth family or other permanent placement.
- Complete all required paperwork for the Court and DHS throughout the case and during the supervision period.
- Participate in 24-hour on-call rotation to answer crisis calls and provide supportive services to foster & adoptive parents, children, and their families.
- Participate in any additional, reasonable, responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Foster Care Program Manager.
This is a full-time regular position with the following benefits package: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, EAP, life, disability and retirement. Our retirement includes two plans, a defined benefits plan as well as a 403(b) option. The defined benefit plan has a five year cliff vesting for eligible employees. In addition to the benefits package, there are paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related human service field. The following degrees are acceptable: social work, sociology, psychology, family ecology, consumer/community services, family studies, family and/or child development, guidance/school counseling, counseling psychology, and criminal justice. Must be CWTI trained.
Experience: Some clinical and case management experience with children and families preferred.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME, COVER LETTER AND SALARY HISTORY TO:
St. Vincent Catholic Charities
ATTN: Ms. Shawn Koster
RESPOND BY: Open Until Filled