Battle Creek: https://careers-samaritas.icims.com/jobs/2440/family-therapist/job
Position Family Therapist:
End Date: Until filled
Provides treatment, education and counseling services to children, families, caregivers and staff involved in the child welfare and behavioral/mental health system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a range of clinical interventions to individuals, families and groups, using acceptable and appropriate treatment methodologies within evidenced based practice models when possible.
- Assist clients to clearly define presenting problems and devise methods and goals for solving problems.
- Assume responsibility for intake, assessment, clinical interventions, scheduling and billing.
- Present each case to supervisor and clinical peer team as required for review of treatment plan and progress. Provide participants with reviews as requested, to document clinical progress on goals and redefine goals as needed.
- Participate as a member of the clinical treatment team. Keep all members informed of case status and progress, provide oral and written reports, make recommendations about case goals for treatment and develop mutually agreeable treatment plans and/or behavioral planning.
- Provide court testimony on clinical recommendations for clients served as required.
- Maintain case record documentation for funding and regulatory bodies.
- Prepare reports as needed for referral sources and participants, as outlined by contract and program. Provide appropriate referral for clients requiring additional or alternative services.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field.
- Eligible for limited licensure with state of Michigan, application submitted preferred: Limited Licensed Professional Counselor, Temporary Limited License Psychologist, Limited Licensed Master Social Work, Licensed Professional Counselor, Limited Licensed Psychologist or Licensed Master Social Work.
- Full licensure preferred.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) registry preferred.
- Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH) credentialing preferred.
- Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) training preferred.
- Infant Mental Health Certification preferred.
- Experience in clinical outpatient, home based, community mental health or child welfare setting preferred.
- Lived experience with behavioral health issues preferred.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of culturally competent, recovery-based practices.
- Understanding of person-centered planning as a shared decision making process with the individual, who defines his/her own life goals and is assisted in developing a unique path toward those goals to aid individuals in their recovery process.
- Ability to apply principals of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Ability to effectively read, speak and write English language; ability to prepare letters, reports, clinical documentation, using prescribed format and confirming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to develop and effectively lead workshops and group sessions.
- Ability to relate, engage and work constructively with vulnerable children and adults.
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to employ a variety of evidenced based, trauma informed therapeutic techniques, to children, adults, families, and groups.
- Advanced knowledge of human growth and development and the social environment.
- Ability to effectively utilize computer software; including word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Understanding the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the individuals served.
Additional Work Requirements
- On-call rotation is required as directed by contract and program.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with extended hours as needed.
- Ability to travel to and provide clinical services in the community, family's home and other offices within the organization, as appropriate.
- Reliable ongoing personal transportation, suitable for persons being served required.
- Valid unrestricted driver's license, good driving record, and valid auto insurance.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to move freely about.
- High level of continual concentration.
- Near visual acuity.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Hand and finger dexterity.