If you are a person who enjoys the excitement of each day being different than the next, then home-based therapeutic work is for you! The Children’s Center of Wayne County leads the way in providing an integrated approach to community mental health that treats the whole child and the whole family and are seeking those who want to experience the benefits of home based work.
Home-based therapeuticwork allows you to be immersed in a clinical environment that grants you greater insight into the strengths, motivations and challenges of the children and families with whom you work. You have freedom of not being chained to a desk, schedule flexibility, the encouragement for personal initiative and independent decision-making while being supported by a multi-disciplinary professional team, are all great perks of Home-based therapeutic work at TCC. Home-basedwork also affords you the time you need to spend with your clients and their families by keeping caseloads low so that you are truly able to help families meet their needs
Does this sound like the position for you?!
As part of your role as a Home Based Clinician you will be responsible for some of the following:
- Using a Family Centered Planning model; coordinate and monitor delivery of services and implementation of behaviorally specific treatment goals and objectives for assigned clients including the assessment, treatment, coordination of referral for additional coordination of services.
- Provide individual, family’ group therapy and crisis intervention using person-centered approach
- Complete case documentation and maintain client case records and other reports within funding, accreditation and Agency guidelines.
- Monitor overall service plan implementation, making recommendation for services, level of care and discharge as needed.
- Maintain a flexible schedule in order to appropriately deliver services to meet client needs in the home, school, community or agency by working evening and weekends.
To qualify for this exciting opportunity you will need:
- Master’s degree in mental health related field such as; social work, psychology, or/and counseling.
- State of Michigan Full or Limited License (MSW, Professional Counselor, Psychologist) – Full License preferred.
- CAFAS or PECFAS Certification a plus.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience engaging children and families within a framework of cultural competency.
- Ability to assess, diagnose, develop treatment plans and provide crisis intervention.
- Previous experience using an electronic medical records system preferred
- Knowledge of person-centered planning
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule; working evenings and weekends
Benefits we offer
Medical coverage at a minimal employee contribution rate – 100% paid dental and vision coverage - Life & dependent life insurance - 403(b) Thrift Plan with Employer Match - Staff continuing education reimbursement - Longevity pay - 160 hours of paid time off your first year - 10 paid holidays
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please submit your resume on-line by logging onto our website athttps://www.thechildrenscenter.com/who-we-are/join-our-team/careers/
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.