Child and Family Charities
Position: Director, Residential Services - Teen Mother/Baby Program
Program Summary: Referral based therapeutic mother/baby residential program for pregnant and parenting teen girls ages 13 to 17. Services are designed to provide mothers with the nurturing and support they need to transition to independent living, to raise and support their children and to be successful members of the community.
Position: To provide leadership, overall administrative responsibility and supervision to the Residential Treatment program, ensuring that services are carried out in the service area in accordance with the applicable laws an pursuant to the policies and standards set by the Board of Directors and relevant funding, certifying and regulatory bodies.
Education and Experience:
Minimum Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent.
A. Experience: Six years directly related experience with at least three of those years in supervision or administration.
B. Special Skills: Intervention with individuals, children, families and groups: program administration; staff supervision.
· Directs the day-to-day operations of the residential services division.
· Represents the agency's programs and services in the community as appropriate
· Assists in the development and monitoring of assigned program budget(s).
· Keeps agency administration informed of program issues, needs, trends, and any unusual incidents.
· Supervise staff; provide regular supervision and ensure high quality care for the residents
· Keeps abreast of local, regional and national trends in residential treatment, trauma treatment, and teen parenting
· Ensure that all program staff are meeting the needs of the residents in order to assist them in meeting their individual goals.
· Maintains an effective system for tracking intakes, reports, physical exams, and other service events to ensure compliance with funding, certifying, licensing and regulatory requirements.
· Ability to work and thrive in residential setting – where rapid change, fast pace, multiple demands, high intensity, and scarcity of resources are commonplace.
· Willingness to flex schedule according to the needs of the agency.
· Excellent writing, speaking, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
· Computer competency including high proficiency using Microsoft Office software.
· Total compatibility with a management team model that values a high level of collaboration, communication, participation, and mutual accountability.
Compensation: Competitive salary and fringe benefits.
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to: Child and Family Charities
Director of Administration,
4287 Five Oaks Drive
Lansing, MI, 48911
Child and Family Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We value diversity, cultural competence, and teamwork