Community Social Services of Wayne County
Title: Director of Public Relations & Fund Development
The agency, established in 1946 as the Catholic Family Center for the purpose of providing family social services, has evolved in response to demonstrated community needs. The agency’s name was officially changed to Community Social Services of Wayne County (CSSWC) in 2013 to more accurately reflect the diversity of social services offered. CSSWC currently provides a range of human services for everyone from infants to senior citizens. These services are available regardless of age, religious preference, gender, race, disability or economic status. Professionally trained staff from a variety of human services disciplines provides comprehensive and confidential services to individuals and families in need.
Plan and direct all operations of media relation and fund development services for Community Social Services of Wayne County to include printed and electronic publications, stewardship, donor relations, and gift acknowledgement and production areas.
- In partnership with President and the Board of Directors, develop and execute CSSWC’s annual fundraising strategic plan.
- Develop, implement, manage and evaluate all activities related to individual, foundation and corporate giving.
- Develop a Major Gifts and Planned Giving Program.
- Remain current on all legislation and ethical practices pertaining to fundraising.
- Responsible for the management of the fundraising Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) Software.
- Secure financial support from individuals, corporations, foundations, and government agencies.
- Develop and direct annual fundraising appeals.
- Work with print and broadcast journalist to devise publicity campaigns that alert the public to program and services.
- Prepare, edit and place new releases and other written publicity for newspapers, radio, television and social media.
- Oversee design and printing of newsletter, fliers, brochures, annual report and other publication or promotional materials.
- Confer with staff regarding public relations.
- Attend meetings and continuous education programs to keep informed of public relations/fund development trends.
- Serve as a member of the Public Relations/Fund Development Committee of the Board.
- Serve as liaison for CSSWC and in an advisory role for the agency.
- Responsible for website facilitation and social media updates.
- Maintain personal contact with government officials, community leaders and community organizations.
Community Social Services of Wayne County
Work with President and senior leadership to reach corporate goals and objectives of the organization.
- Act as a team with President and other senior staff to evaluate organizational performance, set and meet the organizations strategic goals, cast vision for the future of the work, and steward the organizational mission.
- Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers across different levels of the organization and externally.
- Work with President to strengthen the CSSWC’s culturally diverse, employee-oriented culture that emphasizes continuous improvement, teamwork, high performance, and quality.
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates must be a highly self-directed individual who possesses fundraising experience, preferably in an education, human services, or a health related field. In addition to strong relationship building skills, the successful candidate must be committed to the ethic of servant leadership, demonstrate strong writing and speaking skills and have experience working in southeastern Michigan. Initiative, intellectual curiosity, creativity, reliability, flexibility, confidentiality, thoroughness, accuracy and a commitment to CSSWC mission is vital.
SKILLS/EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND REQUIRED
Ability to plan and supervise the work of others, ability to use office productivity and communication software applications in a computerized networked environment; creativity; tact and courtesy; ability to work in a team environment; sound judgement.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations or related field or any equivalent of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skill and abilities.
- Proficiency in DonorPerfect CRM Software.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license, automobile, and automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Three-plus years’ experience in development
- Project management experience is essential
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication and consensus building skills.
- Demonstrate ability to interact positively in a culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrate ability to respond effectively to changing organizational and role demands.
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com. If your application is selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No telephone calls or inquiry emails, please.