DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
This position provides strategic leadership and execution for the fund development activities for Covenant House Michigan. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development plans and directs a comprehensive development program to advance Covenant House Michigan’s mission, including major and planned gifts, annual gifts, government grants, and grants from individuals and corporations.
The Development Director leads and manages operations of the Development Department, including volunteer management. Additionally, the Director develops partnerships in the community to include the formulation of appropriate educational messages and collateral. The Director works closely with agency leadership and the Board of Directors.
Educational and Work Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, resource development or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience at a senior fundraising level in a non-profit agency
- CFRE certification preferred
- Exceptional leadership and managerial skills with the ability to translate organizational philosophy and mission in to daily operational practices
- Proven resource development ability, with demonstrated success developing funding mechanisms, budgetary processes, grant writing, and grant management
- Experienced relationship building and relationship management talents
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major donors, including individuals, corporations, foundations, and government agencies
- Provide support for the Executive Director
- Provide supports for the Board of Directors, the Development Committee and Governance Committee.
- Hire, train, supervise, evaluate, coach and direct work of Development staff
- Plan, administer, monitor, and report to Executive Director and Board on annual budget for fundraising programs and the operation of the Development Department
- Oversee maintenance of donor database
- Plan and oversee implementation of all direct mail solicitations
- Oversee planning of all special events
- Oversee production and distribution of annual report
- Oversee grant proposals to funding agencies, and provide timely reports on active grants
- Oversee public relations efforts, including newsletters, press releases, website management, speaking engagements by the Executive Director and the Board, and Shelter tours
Salary commensurate with experience.
Send resume and cover letter to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org w/salary requirements.
Posting end date: 12/1/2017