Development and Outreach Officer
As a member of the Development Team, the Development and Outreach Officer has primary responsibility for building and sustaining private support for STVCC. The Development and Outreach Officer handles donor relations management, institutional and individual giving (with special focus on gifts in the $1-5k level). This also includes successful implementation of the Benevon Model and the strategic positioning of STVCC in the local market as the first choice for donors in our community. The core responsibilities of managing relationships with donors, identifying prospects, and leading donor retention efforts at STVCC.
- Responsible for the cultivation, solicitation, and engagement of new and current donors with a specific focus on the $1,000-$5,000 level of giving.
- Responsible for increasing community awareness and engagement and creating new relationships, especially as it pertains to recruitment of donors, third-party events, and identifying prospects.
- Responsible for STVCC’s donor retention and acknowledgement strategies, and implementation.
- Design and implementation of all donor communications and online giving processes, working collaboratively with the Associate Director of Community Engagement. Analysis of philanthropic requests, pledges and contributions by STVCC donors.
- Manage direct-mail strategies by working collaboratively with the Director of Development and ensuring execution with vendors.
- Coordinate internal workplace campaigns (eg. United Way campaign).
- Work collaboratively with team to achieve goals.
This is a full-time regular position with the following benefits package: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, EAP, life, disability and retirement. Our retirement includes two plans, a defined benefits plan as well as a 403(b) option. The defined benefit plan has a five-year cliff vesting for eligible employees. In addition to the benefits package, there are paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in experience.
- At least 2 years prior administrative experience; preferably in a Fundraising/Development Office.
- Prior experience with Fundraising Database preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to work both independently, and as member of various teams and committees.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, both in person and on the telephone.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
Registration, licenses, certifications or special training: A valid Michigan Driver License, access to reliable transportation and maintain appropriate insurance.
SEND RESUME, COVER LETTER and SALARY EXPECTATIONS TO:
St. Vincent Catholic Charities
ATTN: Ms. Shawn Koster