ABOUT THE ORGANIZATIONFor 70 years, St. Vincent Catholic Charities (STVCC) has worked to provide help and create hope for the most vulnerable members of the Greater Lansing community. One of the largest human services agencies in the area, STVCC is the charitable arm of the Diocese of Lansing, serving children and families in crisis through adoption, foster care, refugee resettlement, immigration legal and counseling services as well as through a therapeutic Children's Home for children who have experienced severe abuse and neglect. CATEGORYClerical DESCRIPTION
Process clerical functions in order to submit applications, petitions and correspondence, maintain client files and program databases, and provide general clerical support to program staff.
Role and Responsibilities
- Process all outgoing mail.
- Prepare and reconcile all invoices for client payments.
- Prepare check requests.
- File management (process new and closed files, maintain database of all file locations, retrieve all files as needed).
- Prepare statistics for various monthly and quarterly reports.
- Ensure appropriate level of supplies.
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPTNon-Exempt FULL-TIME/PART-TIMEPart-Time HOURS10-12 hours/week LOCATIONSt. Vincent Catholic Charities - Lansing OPEN DATE4/10/2019 POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School diploma and one year of clerical experience minimum. Associate degree preferred.
Experience: Office/Secretarial experience preferred.
Registration, licenses, certifications or special training: Excellent computer skills and written and verbal skills required; Second language fluency preferred
Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Emotionally able to work with information that may be traumatic in nature, as well as, work with individuals or families in crisis or experiencing trauma.
- Ability to stand and/or walk up to 8 hours per shift.
- Work involves talking, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, kneeling, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit and use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal for extended periods of time.
- Noise in the work environment is usually moderately quiet but can be very loud at times.
- Work in an environment with various degrees of discomfort.
- Driving as needed throughout the day.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
BENEFITSN/A EOE STATEMENTWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. FULL JOB DESCRIPTIONClerical Assistant.pdf
BENEFITS INFORMATIONNone Specified
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.