Child Welfare Program Assistant Director
(Regular Full Time / Exempt)
Provides leadership and direction for the Foster Care and Adoption Programs. Directly supervises the daily tasks of the Foster Care Case Managers, Child Welfare Technicians, and Interns. Provides a consultative and supportive role for foster and adoptive families in meeting the needs of children in the program. Promotes and participates in cooperative efforts with other area child placing agencies. Maintains a positive attitude about the foster care and adoptive system and the benefits it provides for children. Reports to the Director of Counseling and Children’s Services on the functioning of Foster Care and Adoption programs and staff.
- Maintain compliance with foster care and adoption rules and regulations, contracts, and accreditation standards.
- Assist in planning, providing orientation & training to prospective foster care and adoptive parents.
- Assess, evaluate, and make recommendations regarding all programs in the planning and placing of children in foster family homes, and/or adoption placements.
- Administration of the Foster Care, Licensing, & Adoption programs in all aspects including: filings, applying for subsidies, foster care payments, maintaining timely and accurate records, and training of staff. Prepare and submit supervision, placement, billing, statistical and other reports as required (or requested) by STVCC, Court and DHS.
- Must have knowledge of and be able to assist/advise adoptee, adoptive families, bioparents and staff in coordinating adoptive services, supplementary services, or other post-adoptive services. Oversee the Adoption Support Group if applicable
- Responsible for leading, training, supervising (document supervisions), and supporting all staff within Child Welfare (Foster Care, Licensing, and Adoption), with the exception of clinical staff. Work collaboratively with Supervisory/Managerial staff with said programs.
- Fulfill case manager responsibilities and manage cases when any of the programs have referrals and the case managers have full caseloads when a direct Supervisor isn’t available.
- Assist Director of Children’s Services in budget development and appropriate fiscal management of Child Welfare’s area.
- Participate in 24 hour on-call rotation with Child Welfare Supervisors.
- Participate in ongoing supervision, consulting and informing the Children’s Services Program Director of work-related issues.
- Serve as program liaison between St. Vincent Catholic Charities and DHS, Family Court, CMH, and other appropriate collateral services. Have a flexible work schedule that allows for the provision of support and supervision during non-typical business hours.
- Assist Director of Counseling and Children’s Services in completing all required administrative and programmatic tasks in a timely manner. Perform other duties as designated.
A Master’s Degree in a human service field and a minimum of 2 years of experience in placement/treatment of children and families
Registration, licenses, certifications or special training:
Complete the Child Welfare Training Institute Foster Care Training or Foster Care Specific Transfer Training prior to assuming any Foster Care Treatment supervisory responsibilities. A valid Michigan Driver License, access to reliable transportation and maintain appropriate insurance.
SEND RESUME, COVER LETTER and SALARY HISTORY TO:
St. Vincent Catholic Charities
Attn: Ms. Shawn Koster