July 20, 2017 - August 30, 2017
Location: Belleville, MI
Salary Range: 27K
Benefits: Full Range of Health Benefits Available, etc.
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Foster Care
Description: Seeking a highly motivated, team player to work with children and families in a fast paced environment. This position is responsible for the provision of care for youth while they are placed into foster care. Workers are responsible to coordinate all treatment planning and services for the youth's parents as well.
• Collect and obtain client specific information to assist in permanency planning
• Reviews all information and meets with child, birth family, significant others and DHS worker to develop treatment plan for ISP and/or USP, quarterly and in a timely manner.
• Maintain client files by filing, updating information, etc. in accordance with DHS Licensing & Contract Compliance standards.
• Schedule and facilitate ongoing progress review meetings and case conferences to assist client/family in meeting goals and objectives of the case plan
• Responsible for assessing Determination of Care (DOC) 2x per year
• Responsible for monthly / Bi-monthly foster home visits (minimum) & phone contact monthly to DHHS and foster parents.
• Supervise birth family visits.
• Provides all case management services to client and family.
• Attend school related conferences when needed
• Transport clients as necessary to link services for client and family.
• Assume court responsibility as assigned per contract and complete court reports and dispositions in a timely manner.
• Link clients & parents to services and makes referrals.
• File 3200’s when necessary (mandated reporting)
• Attend all staff meetings as assigned.
• Responsible for On-Call as assigned.
• Inform immediate supervisor verbally and in writing any issues that impact the clients, employees & administration of the agency.
• Inform administration immediately of any client abuse or neglect.
• Complete 40 hours of on-going training annually.
• Perform other job related tasks or duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of human services from an accredited college or university or a Master’s Degree in a relevant field of human services from an accredited college or university.
Reliable transportation and maintain good driving record.
9 weeks of on the job training will be required once you are hired. You are responsible to be on an on-call rotation for after hour services. You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.