Bethany Christian Services strengthens and equips families to be the answer for vulnerable children, both in local communities and around the globe. We do this by protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families through quality social services. Thousands of children are in need of the support and safety that comes from being part of a family. Bethany is on the front line of providing solutions.
As the Branch Director of Refugee and Immigrant Services within Grand Rapids, you will be primarily responsible for the successful operation and management of branch services, employees, state licensing and requirements, local board directives, and meeting the expectations of the Corporate Office. This individual is also responsible for the financial health, public relations, fundraising, and strategic planning for the branch.
This position is expected to function effectively with little supervision while ensuring that the mission of Bethany Christian Services is being adhered to and carried out, along with meeting agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise direct employees and client caseloads to ensure quality service is delivered consistently with changing work demands, agency standards, and licensing requirements;
- Oversee compliance of the policies and procedures that govern annual employee evaluations, employee leave requests, conference request, timesheet management, and monthly reimbursement vouchers;
- Ensure effective branch operations through selection, hiring, training and development, and cultivating a positive work environment for employees;
- Maintain the delivery of quality services that are consistent with state licensing and Bethany’s standard operating practices;
- Oversee and provide budgetary management of all federal and Bethany program specific budgets;
- Oversee the timely submission and preparation of documentation for all services rendered;
- Monitor and assess child placement activity and family resettlement, while remaining apprised of foster care and resettlement planning and decision making;
- Stay abreast of child welfare concerns, refugee and immigrant updates, internal and external issues, legislative trends, and practices;
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with contractors, referral sources, other agencies, courts, churches, and vendors;
- Work collaboratively with direct manager on the preparation process of the annual branch office and service unit budget;
- Manage and monitor revenue and expenditures in accordance with agency policies and Board expectations;
- Provide the Corporate Office with statistical reports of revenue and expenditures in a timely manner;
- Assess program development and provide leadership in refugee and immigrant service expansion opportunities in Grand Rapids and Michigan;
- Participate in Board committees to inform them on branch and agency initiatives, as needed;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- MA or related MSW degree in the field of study from an accredited college;
- At least five (5) years of experience in social work or related field while working with refugees and immigrants;
- At least two (2) years of supervisory experience;
- At least three (3) years of budget planning and management experience;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex administrative and consultative responses for Bethany branches and national voluntary Refugee resettlement agencies;
- Eligible to obtain professional licensure or registration in the State of Michigan;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Work well under pressure and adaptable to change;
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment.