Behavioral Intervention Specialist
(Part Time / Non-Exempt)
Behavioral Intervention Specialist will work within STVCC Children’s Home Comprehensive Clinical Assessment Program (CCAP) multi-disciplinary team to observe, assess and create intervention strategies for the children served within the program. The Behavioral Intervention Specialist will provide guidance and behavior treatment techniques to the direct care staff within the milieu that will assist implementation of behavior treatment plans and interventions.
- Assess each client within CCAP and provide written documentation, both case notes and narrative report, of outcomes of observation and intervention suggestion surrounding a child’s environment, antecedents, behaviors, consequences, outcomes, etc.
- Assessments and behavioral plans will be individualized to a child’s needs and their developmental functioning; this will be created for both individual and milieu settings.
- Information gathered and reported will be collaboratively discussed among the treatment team (including, but not limited to: direct care staff, therapist and case manager).
- Participation in weekly team meetings is expected.
- Develop and implement a model of behavioral assessment that will aide the multidisciplinary team to provide therapeutic and appropriate intervention plans for the children.
- Develop and identify behavioral problems within the children’s environment(s).
- Collect information through use of direct and indirect assessment tools to determine developmental functioning of children.
- Create hypotheses to the cause of behavior(s).
- Plan intervention based on hypotheses.
- Create evaluation tool of intervention plans to measure effectiveness of intervention strategies.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree preferred; OR bachelor’s degree with appropriate training and formal experience in behavioral assessment and therapeutic intervention. Master’s or bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology or other related field. Experience in behavioral assessment and therapeutic intervention required. A valid Michigan Driver License, access to reliable transportation and maintain appropriate insurance.
RESPOND BY: Open Until Filled
SEND RESUME, COVER LETTER AND SALARY HISTORY TO:
St. Vincent Catholic Charities
Attn: Shawn Koster