Child Welfare Caseworker Technician - https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2074027
For 70 years, St. Vincent Catholic Charities (STVCC) has worked to provide help and create hope for the most vulnerable members of the Greater Lansing community. One of the largest human services agencies in the area, STVCC is the charitable arm of the Diocese of Lansing, serving children and families in crisis through adoption, foster care, refugee resettlement, immigration legal and counseling services as well as through a therapeutic Children's Home for children who have experienced severe abuse and neglect. CATEGORYCase Management DESCRIPTION
Maintain a positive work environment through providing support to case managers by assisting with transportation, case coverage, home visits, completing paperwork and/or entering data into MiSACWIS and Apricot. Attend the Child Welfare Training Institute during the first 6 months of employment in the position. Produce and distribute information generated by program staff. Input reports, medical and dental information, court updates, Family Team Meetings, home studies, and any other required documentation completed by Child Welfare staff into the MiSACWIS system. Assist Child Welfare Support Staff as necessary in tracking other essential program information. Input information into agency’s Apricot system as needed.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide backup to Foster Care Case Workers and carry cases as needed by the Program, including conducting home visits, transportation, etc.
- Process all transportation reimbursements, clothing allowance request, and bus passes from start to finish.
- Create all the court hearings and upload the court orders into MiSACWIS.
- Enter report cards and Individualized Education Plans into MiSACWIS
- Ensure all medical passports are updated every quarter and provide the updated passport to the worker to obtain foster parent signatures. Assist with drug screens when primary worker is unavailable. Drop off drug screens to the lab as needed.
- Ensure all medical, medication, and dental documentation is obtained and entered into MiSACWIS. This may include contacting providers to request documentation.
- Input inquiries and upload trainings for the Licensing staff.
- Upload and input other documentation into the MiSACWIS system as guided by the Foster Care, Adoption and Licensing supervisors.
- Assist Child Welfare Support Staff as needed.
- Assist Child Welfare staff in entering data into Apricot as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with all Agency and Child Welfare policies and laws.
- Performs other reasonable duties as instructed by supervisor.