Attached you will find the NEW 2018 Child Welfare In-Service Training catalog featuring over 45 opportunities that are offered FREE of charge to child welfare workers and supervisors at private agencies that contract with MDHHS, as well as DHHS employees.
The Leadership training opportunities focus on managing secondary trauma. The Webinar training opportunities are geared towards both caseworkers and supervisors.
Please also help spread the word with families that you work with about the NEW Caregiver training opportunities- both in-person and webinar offerings attached as well.
All of these trainings are DHHS approved for meeting the in-service training hour requirements set forth by DHHS requiring all caseworkers to receive a minimum of at least 32 hours of in-service training hours annually, and supervisors 16 hours annually. Training participants may also earn CE hours.
Please direct any questions you may have about these courses to the MSU School of Social Work or the university hosting these trainings- and remember to register soon, as courses have limited space and will fill up quickly!
ANNOUNCING the Michigan Federation for Children and Families
6th Annual Residential Treatment Conference
Transforming Lives Through Innovative Residential Treatment
REGISTER ONLINE: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Feb26ConfRegistration
Date: Monday, February 26, 2018
Time: Registration 8:30 AM • Program 9:00 AM – 4:15 PM
Location: The MTG Space, 4039 Legacy Parkway, Lansing, MI 48911
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Federation member agencies are eligible for group discounts for 6+ registrations.
Eligible for 5 Social Work CECHs (cost $30.00 extra).
Sponsor, exhibit and advertising opportunities will be available.
Full details are in the attached brochure!
Special early registration offer is good through July 31: Buy one, get one half-off! Vendor exhibit space is also available for a modest fee. Download attachments for details.
Four workshop tracks are offered:
- Transitions to Success
- Advanced Leadership Development
- Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Skills for Managing Workplace Conflict
- Effective Approaches to Dealing with Unacceptable Employee Behavior
- Investing in Your Most Valuable Resource...Your Team
- Community Organizations...Collaborate!
- Family Preservation for LGBT Youth
- Scaffolding for Successful Transition to Adulthood for At-risk Youth
- Treating the Adolescent Sex Offender
- DBT, Parts I and II
- Clinical Work with Oppositional Defiant Teens
- Self Injury
Case Management/Direct Care
- Journey Through HMS
- Trauma Informed Care for Case Managers & Direct Care Staff, Parts I and II
- Homless Youth Education Rights
- Human Trafficking
Case Managers and Direct Care
- Tools for Your Toolbox that Work with Youth
- Motivational Interviewing
- Aggression Replacement Training
- Crisis Intervention & De-escalation, Parts I and II
- Ethics Training for Child and Youth Care Workers, Establishing Professional Standards
- LGBT Youth Culture
Conference registration prices:
Special early registration offer: Buy one, get one half-off! Download attachments for details.
- MNYF member: $100 for three days; $60 for one day
- MNYF affiliate member: $125 for three days; $75 for one day
- Non-MNYF member: $150 for three days; $90 for one day
If you are interested in reserving Vendor Exhibit Space, see the attachment.
Michigan Federation for Children and Families Senior Management Conference and Annual Membership Meeting will be held on September 16-18, 2015 at Shanty Creek Cedar River Village in Belaire, MI.
Sign up today for the Michigan Home-Based Family Services Association Early Summer Workshop to be held at Greater Grace Temple in Detroit. Attendees are eligible for up to 6 Social Work CECHs (pending approval).
- Addiction to Crime: Games Criminals Play;
- Toxic Relationships and the Effects on the Beliefs and Actions of Youth;
- Suicide Prevention Coalition;
- Recognizing the Signs of Autism;
- Human Trafficking;
- Youth Voice: The Importance of Youth Involvement; and
- Period of Purple Crying: Shaken Baby Syndrome.
Find registration and cost information in the downloadable attachment below.
Annual Senior Management Conference
September 10-12, 2014
Boyne Mountain Resort
Federation Affiliate Member Michigan Home Based Family Services Association invites you to join others who are committed to quality family-centered services throughout Michigan.
New and renewing MHBFSA members benefit from three free trainings annually, discounted pricing for the MHBFSA annual conference (September 27-28, 2012), training hours and free social work CEs at each training, an e-newsletter called Practice, access to the Home Based Standards Guidelines Handbook, listing on and access to the MHBFSA website and more!
Find details about membership and benefits at www.mihomebased.com and in the attachments found below.
The National Resource Center for Adoption is offering training in May and June 2011 on five modules of its Adoption Competency Curriculum:
- May 12: Module 1: Federal Laws Impacting Adoption Placement
- May 25 & 26: Module 2: Child/Youth Assessment & Preparation
- June 8 & 9: Module 3: Family Assessment & Preparation
- June 9: Module 4: Decision Making & Placement Selection
- June 15: Module 5: Post Adoption Services
This series is designed as a comprehensive curriculum for training child welfare practitioners in public and private agencies who provide adoption services for children/youth who have been abused or neglected. Registration for each module is limited to 25 participants. All course materials and lunch are provided free of charge. Social Work CECHs are offered for participants who complete one or more modules. An Adoption Competency Overview booklet is available, along with registration information. See attachments below.