Full program details are set for the Federation’s 5th Annual 2017 Residential Treatment Conference, “Residential Treatment: Minimizing Risks, Maximizing Opportunities,” on Monday, February 27, 2017. Download the brochure posted below!
We are very pleased to announce that Michigan's Lieutenant Governor Brian Calley has accepted our invitation to provide the Opening Remarks for this event!
The keynote speaker will be Judge Jodi Debbrecht Switalski, a former Metro Detroit felony prosecutor with a perfect trial record involving mostly violent crimes. Judge Switalski has witnessed firsthand the devastating effects surrounding interpersonal violence, substance abuse and dependency within families, children and communities.
Read more about Lt. Governor Calley, Judge Switalski and our other amazing and expert presenters in the downloadable conference brochure posted below.
Note the new location for this event: Lansing Center, 333 E. Michigan Avenue, downtown Lansing.
ONLINE registration is closed; email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a late registration!
Target audience: Child welfare, juvenile justice, mental health, court, and school workers, supervisors, program managers and CEOs. Others who could benefit: judges referees and court administrators; prosecutors/assistant attorneys general; parents' attorneys and lawyer-guardians ad litem; probation officers; tribal court judges, attorneys and related staff; and school social workers and administrators.
- Strength-Based Recovery Planning: A Person-Centered Approach
- The Interplay Amongst Attachment, Identity Development, SOGI Status, and Trauma in LGBTQ Youth in Foster Care: A Case Study
- The Relationship of Culture, Trauma and the Healing Process
- Creating a Positive Cultural Climate in Juvenile Justice Facilities
- Therapeutic Value of Hip Hop Music
- Human Trafficking: The Journey to Live Courageously and Free